I feel like I need to redeem myself after my last post, so I’m bringing back my recipe posts from the days of yore. Cheeseburger Pie is, as the title says, super easy. Like even if you can’t cook you can make this. It’s cheap and yummy and surprisingly low in calories and fat, depending on how you prepare it. Here we go:
Easy Cheeseburger Pie
Makes 6 servings
1 lb ground turkey (or ground beef if you prefer)
1 c. chopped onion (you can substitute 6 tablespoons of dried minced onion)
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. Bisquik
1 c. milk
1 c. shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400° and grease a 9″ pie pan. If you don’t have a pie pan (you should really have a pie pan) you can use a loaf pan or small casserole dish.
2. Brown the turkey and the onion.
3. Drain the turkey-onion mixture, add the salt, mix, and pour into pie pan.
4. Sprinkle the cheese on top of the turkey.
5. In a bowl, mix the remaining ingredients with a fork until smooth.
6. Pour the mixture evenly over the turkey.
7. Bake for 25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
When prepared with ground turkey, Heart Smart Bisquick, fat free cheese, and skim milk, one serving of this dish (1/6 of pie) has 240 calories, 8 grams of fat, 389 mg of sodium, 12 grams of carbs, 2 grams of fiber, and 25 grams of protein.