Anything with animals cracks me up. And Suri making fun of celebrity children is hilarious.
Pinterest or Facebook? Why?
Pinterest. It makes my OCD self happy (categorized visual bookmarks!!) and I’ve made a ton of awesome recipes I found on the site, most recently the amazingly delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Awesome Bars!
Twitter or Instagram? Why?
Twitter! I enjoy it because it’s a lot more interactive than Instagram: I’ve made long-distance friends and had some amazing conversations while tweeting! PS you can follow me @ictine 🙂
Favorite youtube video…post it!
This video reminds me sooo much of my own dog. It’s adorable and hilarious.
Biggest online pet peeve?
I hate when people complain constantly on twitter or facebook or their blogs. I know I’m guilty of complaining a little, but I always try to do it in a humorous way.
One of my closest friends is moving to Minnesota next week (sad face) to start an awesome grad school program (happy face), so obviously I’m throwing a going away party to send her off.
I keep typing Michigan instead of Minnesota. It’s one of those M states. But not Maine. Or Maryland.
I adore playing hostess and have been trying out lots of Pinterest recipes this summer for all my get togethers, and this weekend is no exception. I stumbled across this recipe by The Girl Who Ate Everything and immediately knew I had to make it! She got this recipe from a friend who I have credited below.
I tried a tiny piece and they are AMAZING. I can’t wait to wow everyone Saturday night!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Awesome Bars
by Greta White
1 (18.25) package plain yellow cake mix (cake mix is now sold in 15.25oz packages, so I bought two boxes and used one whole one plus 1/2 cup of the second one. You can also do crazy math to reduce this recipe for one box of cake mix, but I was way too lazy to do that).
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 (12 oz) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 Tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup coconut (optional) (I didn’t use coconut because a friend is allergic)Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2) Combine cake mix, melted butter, peanut butter, and eggs in a large bowl using a mixer or spoon. Press this into a 9X13 pan reserving 1 1/2 cup of the mixture to crumble on top.
3) In a small pot, melt chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and butter. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and coconut.
4) Spread chocolate mixture over the mixture pressed in the pan and then crumble the 1 1/2 cups of reserved cake mixture on top evenly.
5) Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into bars.